Rich Kona coffee blended with notes of macadamia nut and vanilla bring the spirit of aloha to you. Just cue up the ukulele tunes and relax for a Hawaiian getaway at home.
I recently had the pleasure of trying Flyin' Hawaiian, the limited edition summer seasonal flavor, from Java Factory. This macadamia nut and white chocolate flavored Kona Style coffee not only replicates the mild and subtle flavor of the great coffee grown in the Kona districts of Hawaiian but has the taste of my all time favorite cookie, Subway's White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies.
When I brewed up a cup, I found this medium body coffee to have a bit of a floral aroma and a hint of sweetness. The acidity seems to be lighter than many coffees making it the perfect after dinner coffee for those who like me have problems with drinking some higher acid coffees in the evening. This Java Factory Flyin' Hawaiian Kona Style coffee is definitely the coffee to choose when you want the smooth, mild brew of a great Hawaiian coffee, but you don't want the high price.
Visit Java Factory
Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Shop
☀️ It's time to fix a batch of these copycat cookies, brew up a cup of this delicious coffee, and enjoy the night!
Grab your cup and join me ☕
Subway Copycat Recipe ~ Makes about 4 Dozen
1 lb butter
1 2/3 cups brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 1/4 cups all purpose white flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (no need to grease).
1. Measure flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and blend together. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy.
3. Add brown sugar and beat again.
4. Scrape down the bowl and add the granulated sugar. Beat until fluffy.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
6. Add vanilla, beat and scrape again.
7. On low speed, add flour mixture 2 cups at a time, and mix well.
8. Mix in white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Mix only until blended.
9. Using a cookie scoop, place dough on prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly to allow for spreading.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes* or until lightly browned. Do NOT over bake these cookies. They continue to bake for a few minutes after they are removed from the oven. Transfer to cooling racks. Store in air tight container or plastic bag to stay soft and moist.
*Ovens Vary: Baking time may need to be adjusted.