Create your own organic fertilizer without the smells and unsightliness of plastic containers while protecting your compost from bacteria growth and unhealthy chemicals.
- Convenience: makes composting quick and easy. Store food scraps for days without having to visit an outdoor bin.
- Elegant Design: beautiful copper design looks wonderful in any house or apartment and matches other copper decor.
- Odor-Free Composting: an airtight lid and charcoal filters keep odors within the bin and out of your kitchen.
- Eco-Friendly Gardening: create organic, energy-efficient mulch for plants and flowers out of recyclable waste.
- Built to Last: made of high-quality, rust-resistant metal that's built to last a lifetime.
When we started gardening several years ago, it was decided that we would not purchase chemicals, that we would go the natural route. We grind our egg shells, save our fish heads, and compost as much organic material as we can. The first year we purchased some mushroom compost, vermiculite, and peat moss to mix into our soil that we had made from composting. This year our soil in the garden was so rich and had the optimal texture and PH that we just had to rototill it to turn in our new nutrient rich compost and start planting. We would not have been able to do this if we were adding our compost material to a landfill. The only downside has been the many trips outside to take a few bits to the pile. It's hard to take one banana peel outside when it's 30 degrees, dark, and raining outside. So of course, having a bin that I can have right on my counter is so convenient and I am loving no having to make several trips a day to the compost pile outside. Between the garden and doing 90 percent of my shopping on the outside perimeter of the grocery store we eat a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. I placed several banana and potato peels in this Copper-Plated Stainless Steel Kitchen Compost Bin by Vesta Kitchen about four days ago to see how well the odor-absorbing filters worked and just did the sniff test one more time. There was not any hint of an odor coming from this bin!