What is Coriander?
Coriander seed has a warm and subtle flavour with a slight citrus hint. It has an aromatic scent that is soothingly warm, nutty, slightly fruity, and complex.
- Busts intestinal gas and stimulates the appetite.
- Can be used for making a medicinal tea to soothe an upset stomach, to treat indigestion, and mild gastrointestinal upsets.
- Sugar-coated coriander seeds are used as a breath freshener in India.
- Known to lower blood sugar by stimulating the secretion of insulin.
- Helps the heart by lowering bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol.
- Anti-inflammatory properties are used in treating arthritis. Boil ground coriander seeds with water and drink the concoction.
- Can also be used to treat bacterial and fungal infections.
- Add coriander seeds to soups and broths
- Saute coriander seeds with spinach and garlic. Mix in garbanzo beans and season with ginger and cumin.
- Or try this delicious chicken recipe
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a spice grinder or mortar, combine kosher salt, caraway seeds, sage, fennel, coriander, and rosemary. Grind to a coarse powder. Transfer spice mixture to a bowl and stir in paprika, garlic powder, flour, and onion powder; mix in vegetable oil to make a smooth paste.
- Pat chicken halves dry with paper towels and tuck wing tips up behind the back. Brush spice paste onto chicken halves, coating both sides, taking care to season under wings and legs.
- Place chicken halves in baking dish or roasting pan with skin sides up, leaving space around chicken so halves aren't touching.
- Roast in preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in a thigh reads 165° F, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
This great company works with organic farms so that the products they offer do not have the toxins that so much of our food does. So when I received the opportunity to review the coriander seeds that they offer I was thrilled. I compared prices and to get the same amount of seeds in the national brand that my grocery store carries it would cost almost twice what these cost and they are not the same high quality that you receive from Jiva Organics.
I am very satisfied with what I received and would highly recommend their products.