Gorton's and SparkPeople
Why Eat Gorton's Seafood?
Fish are low in calories and fat, and provide a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, a fat most of us are deficient in. Because they are low in fat, grilling fish doesn’t increase the risk of cancer. Health experts recommend eating at least 2 fish-meals each week to obtain the many benefits like reducing the risk of heart disease, arrhythmias, cancer depression, ADD, colitis, asthma, arthritis pain & aid weight loss.
- Gorton’s offers some great healthy choices in their Grilled or Simply Bake product lines.
- Gorton's Seafood contains natural omega-3 fatty acids, lean protein, and critical vitamins and minerals that can aid brain development, promote heart health, help fight obesity and improve your overall health.
- Their variety and easy preparation makes it fun and easy to eat the recommended amount seafood each week.
- Gorton’s Grilled Fish is Gluten Free!
- They offer 20 products at 200 calories or less.
With my coupons I purchased the Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilalpia and Cajun Grilled Fillets for my family.
- I served the Tilalpia with a corn salsa and a salad. In no time I had a healthy meal that was simple to fix and that tasted delicious.
- With Grilled Alaska Pollock I made fish tacos. Since it only has 90 calories per fillet I was able to splurge with the toppings and do a taco bar. We had fun making our tacos and it was fast and easy too!
The next one I'd like to try is the Smart & Crunchy Fish Fillets. All the taste, half the fat!
Why join SparkPeople?
- They offer 100% free nutrition, health, and fitness tools, support, and resources.
- Get recipe and exercise ideas, motivation, and encouragement when you need it.
- The SparkPeople weight loss program teaches people to stop dieting and how to live a healthy lifestyle.
I just signed up for the 30-Day Realistic Resolution Challenge and am amazed at wealth of information available on the site. Be sure to join me, sign up and set your own goals.
| || || |
About The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight
This practical yet inspirational guide, which is based on the same easy, real-world principles as the SparkPeople program, takes the guesswork out of making delicious, healthy meals and losing weight-once and for all. Award-winning chef Meg Galvin and SparkRecipes editor Stepfanie Romine have paired up to create this collection of more than 160 satisfying, sustaining, and stress-free recipes that streamline your healthy-eating efforts. With a focus on real food, generous portions, and great flavor, these recipes are not part of a fad diet.
About The Spark Book
This groundbreaking book outlines the best of what has worked for millions of members who have lost weight, kept it off, and reached other goals. Driven by positive energy and proven results, The Spark outlines a breakthrough formula that combines nutrition, exercise, goal setting, motivation, and community, which has helped people change their lives beyond the scale. Discover the 27 Secrets of Success—the best action steps, foods, and proven medical advice that have helped tens of thousands of members lose from 2 to 200 pounds. Special tips from people who lost 100 pounds or more—see what these people had in common and what they did and didn’t do to make huge transformations in their lives. A step-by-step 28-day program that brings together the most effective, medically accepted nutrition and fitness practices from SparkPeople experts in an easy-to-follow plan, including flexible mix-and-match meal plans, fully illustrated workout programs, full-color before-and-after success stories, and more!
A certified personal trainer and exercise instructor with a degree in health education, Nicole Nichols helps people of all skill levels make fitness a fun part of their daily lives.
One lucky reader will win one Gorton's "Realistic Resolution" Prize Package
- Two (2) full-value product coupons
- An insulated tote bag to bring home your Gorton’s products and other frozen goodies
- The SparkPeople Cookbook, a collection of more than 160 satisfying, sustaining, and stress-free recipes that streamline your healthy-eating efforts
- The Spark book by SparkPeople founder, CEO and Motivation Expert, Chris Downie
- The SparkPeople 28-Day Boot Camp Workout DVD
Chances of winning depend on entries received.
Open to US residents 18 years and older
Winning entry will be verified