Solution - find a work around.
- Do it on a friends phone
- Just launch the app and log out of your friends account (Go to Settings > Scroll down and tap Log Out).
- Once you have logged out of your friend’s account, you will be able to see the “Register” button. Create an account.
Here are two that I know of. I'm sure there are more.
I used BlueStacks to create an account for my boyfriend.
- First, download and install on your Mac or PC. After install, Bluestacks will start on its own, and then restart itself.
- Next, search for the Instagram app: Click “Top 25 Apps,” then scroll down until you see Instagram. Click + launch Instagram
- Install: Choose the first result in left-most column.
- Now launch Instagram (Click the “My Apps” icon) and follow the steps to register a new Instagram account.
It's Sideways! Fix it - Click the settings icon, then “Change App Size.” Now, toggle Instagram to “tablet.
DuOS-M is not compatible with my system. So I can not offer any information about it.
You can use the emulator that you used to create your account. I didn't like Bluestacks because it makes you download or pay to keep using it. But it's fine for creating an account. I have now started using Gramblr to add pictures.
Although Gramblr is Free and Easy to Use, you cannot upload and post photos that aren’t cropped and resized. Gramblr only accepts square photos in JPG or JPEG format that are 650 x 650 pixels. Webresizer makes this easy to do.
- After Downloading, start the program, and log-in to your Instagram account.
- Next Choose the photo you want to add and click upload. Make sure that it's the correct size first! Just wait Gramblr doesn't have anything to signal that it's working
- Add the Caption you want and Click "Save Caption" Just wait Gramblr doesn't have anything to signal that it's working
- When you see the image below it's done and your image is on your Instagram account. Congratulations! You Did It!
If you choose to continue using Bluestacks after using it to create your Instagram account. You're going to want to change Instagram settings to look at the file system, not just use the camera so that you can use it to add pictures to your account.
Now, Uncheck “Use Instagram’s Advanced Camera.”
They are now penalizing users of third-party apps, such as Gramblr, Bluestacks, DuOS-M. Instagram is now disabling hashtags on accounts that have used third party apps in the past, sometimes even for just one photo. Simply put, your photos will no longer be searchable by hashtag.
So, who should continue to use these third party apps?
- Individuals who do not have access to a smart phone
- Who don’t care about being searchable by hashtag
- Those who aren't interested in accumulating followers