Toting around big, bulky drones is a thing of the past! This convenient, compact drone not only comes with a sleek, new look but is also packed with all of the advanced features you'd expect to see on much pricier quadcopter models.
- ALTITUDE HOLD FUNCTION: SUPER EASY DRONE FOR BEGINNERS TO FLY: Makes controlling the drone a breeze for beginners and stabilizes aerial photography. This is the ideal beginner drone with a lot of the latest features typically found on higher end models.
- ONE TOUCH TAKE OFF AND LANDING: Drone automatically hovers at a set altitude after take off and before landing making it easy to control and maneuver, especially for beginners who are not yet skilled.
- CUSTOM ROUTE MODE : Trace the desired flight path on the mobile app screen and the drone will fly along the path unassisted
- HD CAMERA: Capture 720p high definition aerial photos and videos with 2MP camera; Sync it to your controller to really bring life to your flights!
- LATEST DESIGN AND FEATURES: Made with ABS material, Emergency Stop, Low battery and Out of Range alarm, Motor stuck protection, Headless mode
After unboxing Navigator U31W, I began reading the enclosed operations guide. The guide is very thorough on pre-flight, calibration, and functions. However, I noticed on the pre-flight checklist number 3 refers to picture 16 as a visual for proper unlocking and activating motors. Picture 16 shows take off/landing and emergency stop. Unlocking and Activation are illustrated in picture 12. Also under "flying control" it states activation and take off are illustrated in picture 16, it should be picture 12. Other than these two issues the operations guide is very informative and helpful for the user.
After fully charging the drone and setting up pre-flight procedure I activated the motors for flight and was instantly impressed by the power of the on-board motors even in low speed. A very nice feature that my previous three drones did not offer and this drone does is its three speeds. Overall the Navigator U31W impressed me with its small yet powerful appearance.
The remote control seems a bit large but controls the drone very precisely with no hesitation. The four AA batteries allow the remote to function competently. I would prefer rechargeable Li-Po battery similar to the drone's battery. The simplicity of the controller is great; all buttons are pertinent to the drone's operation. The only improvement would be if it offered camera control and an integrated video screen for consumers who want to use it without a smartphone.
I really like the battery being molded into the body of the drone, very smart. I found it easy to remove and reinsert, unlike other drones with a wired battery. However, I found just six minutes of flight time for sixty minutes of charging frustrating. A second battery like my Hornet came with would be a huge selling point with consumers like myself.
I hope that you have found my evaluation of the Navigator U31W FPV Realtime Drone helpful.
Mother's and Father's Day are just around the corner so if you've got an Mom or Dad on your list who are ready to jump into the world of flying quads this drone would make a great gift!